Boogieing The Night Away

Durant’s 2022 Homecoming

Durant students enjoying their 70s themed Homecoming dance.

Sadie De Croix, Staff Writer

Spirit Week to Friday Night Lights to this year’s 70s themed Homecoming dance, students were able to enjoy a night of boogieing on the dance floor.

Homecoming is a treasured event to many students who experience excitement throughout the week leading up to the night of the dance.

Several students enjoyed the process beforehand of picking outfits, getting hair and makeup done and taking pictures. Grace Shirah said, “I think my favorite part about Homecoming was getting to choose what I was going to wear.”

Students say that this year’s Homecoming was a night to remember with many memories created. “I want to relive that day over,” said Ava Wells. Jaiden Fortner said, “I enjoyed hanging out with my friends.”

Homecoming night is filled with dancing, a photo booth, time with friends, the presentation of the 2022 Homecoming Court and the crowning of the Homecoming King.

Homecoming Queen Ayla Yebba was crowned at the Homecoming football game on Sept. 23 against Lennard High School. Spencer Wilson was crowned Homecoming King at the dance on Sept. 24. The Homecoming King and Queen later shared the traditional dance to celebrate their accomplishments.

This year’s Homecoming dance was a success in many students’ eyes. Durant can’t wait until next year to do it all again.